This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, or that we obtain from other sources will be processed by us.
2 LEGAL BASIS
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
In relation to our marketing database and farm shop loyalty card scheme, we will collect and process your data with your consent. Where this is the case, we will always make this clear to you.
In some circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations. If you buy goods or services from us then we will collect the Contact information we require to ensure we can deliver your goods as well as contact you to ensure your order is correctly processed and paid for.
If we buy goods or services from you then we will also collect certain financial information to enable us to make payment and fulfil our contractual obligations.
If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data.
In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests. This extends to making CCTV recordings to protect our business premises and using Credit reference agencies to protect our business from the risk of fraud and bad debt.
3 WHEN DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- When you apply for a trading account with us.
- When you apply for a farm shop loyalty card with us.
- When you purchase a product or service but don’t have an account.
- When you engage with us on social media.
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
- When you fill in any forms provided by us.
- When you’ve given a third party permission to share with us the information they hold about you.
4 WHAT SORT OF PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT & HOW WE USE IT
If you have a trading account or a farm shop loyalty card with us, then we will record some or all of the following information: your name, gender, date of birth, address, order values, email and telephone number.
If we need to pay you for goods or services that you have provided, then in addition to contact details we will record Financial information regarding your nominated bank account and details of any information we receive from credit reference agencies.
Your social media username, if you choose to interact with us, to enable us to respond to your comments, questions or feedback.
Your image may be recorded on CCTV when you visit our premises.
5 HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Customer information will be held by us in both paper form and on our IT systems and will be kept in line with our retention procedures.
We know how much data security matters so we ensure Information is stored securely making sure that the appropriate technical and observational measures are observed.
6 HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised.
For both trade customers and farm shop loyalty cardholders, the information we hold will be retained for a minimum of 6 years from your last transaction in order that we can comply with legal requirements associated with accounting records as well as being able to defend any legal claims that could potentially arise.
7 WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH
We will not sell or pass on your information to 3rd parties unless it is in accordance with one of the following:
- Where consent is provided by the individual.
- Where it is necessary to fulfil the terms of our contractual relationship.
- Where it is necessary as part of our legal obligations.
- Where it is necessary to protect an individual’s ‘vital interests’ in an emergency.
- Where involves the exercise of a public function (typically government requests).
- Where it is necessary in our legitimate interests.
It may sometimes be necessary to transfer personal information overseas. If this is required, we will only share data within the European Economic Area (EEA). Any transfers made will be in full compliance with all aspects of the data protection act.
8 YOUR RIGHTS OVER PERSONAL DATA AND KEEPING US UP TO DATE
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge in most cases.
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing
- That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
You may wish to contact us to do one of the following:
- to request to exercise these rights
- update us about any your personal information that has changed
- to withdraw your consent for us to process your personal information
You can contact us by:
- sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- writing to us at: Data Protection Officer, Alvis Brothers Limited, Lye Cross Farm, Redhill, Bristol, BS40 5RH